Sometimes you need to track the replies that are sent back when your campaign goes out. It may be for a competition, feedback gathering, voting results, or simply an R&D component for your company ROI from a campaign or event.
Whatever the reason, intouch has tools that allow you to create triggers using keywords entered by users. To set up a Keyword Campaign it is similar to setting up a regular SMS or MMS campaign with a few extra options available to you.
- Go to Functions > Create Function > Create Keyword
- Any previously created keyword campaigns can be found at Functions > Functions Summary and you can use them to copy, modify or create new. In this example, we will go to the right side of the screen and click Create Function.
- Next, you will fill in your details as required including, the keyword you are 'looking for' in replies, along with the date for the send, campaign name, timezone, and how many replies you would like to limit the response to. The number of replies can prevent spam replies as well as allow 'multiple entries' if you are operating these keywords as a prize or competition draw.
- If you would like notification for each and every reply, you can select Email Admin or SMS Admin and enter the details here, this is not required as you can access this data via reporting at any stage - however for time-sensitive competitions or real-time events this option is available. *Remember each reply is an SMS or MMS credit so take that into account with your campaign budget (Email responses do not have additional charges).
- Choose whether you want to reply with an MMS reply or an SMS reply.
- If you are creating an MMS keyword campaign, you will need to use an MMS template you have previously created and add the details in here. For more information on how to create an MMS template, see this article here: https://mobiledigital.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000798834
- Next is the custom text you want to reply with to a customer's reply to you. It's important to note here that you still legally need to have an 'Opt Out' message in this reply text as well. Use the default or agree and confirm you have included your custom Opt-Out text if doing so.
- Click SAVE. You can view your saved Keyword campaign in the Functions Summary table under Keywords Tab.